- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
Hallie Appel says
“You shall not kill” sounds clear enough, but it is OK to kill non-Jews and OK to kill children and babies who will grow up into non-Jews.
“You shall not covet” except when it comes to taking land that Palestinians have lived on for generations.
You have just repeated one of the most commonly misquoted verses from the original language, the commandment is ‘You shall not murder’… BIG difference between the Hebrew words for murder and kill. God does not contradict himself. God did not command the Hebrews to murder their enemies, but to kill them. He is the ultimate judge.