What is the meaning behind the slogan “From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free” being chanted at Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) events? Where did it originate?
The phrase originated with Yasser Arafat’s Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), a terrorist organization responsible for the murder of countless innocent people, mostly Jews. The PLO recognized that it was unable to escape its murderous history, which includes these terrorist acts committed by member organizations of the PLO were:
- The 1970 Avivim school bus massacre by the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), killed nine children, three adults and crippled 19.
- In the late 1960s and early 1970s, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the second-largest PLO faction after al-Fatah, carried out a number of attacks and plane hijackings mostly directed at Israel, most infamously the Dawson’s Field hijackings, which precipitated the Black September crisis.
- In 1972, the Black September Organization carried out the Munich massacre of Israeli Olympic athletes.
- In 1974, members of the DFLP seized a school in Israel and killed a total of 26 students and adults and wounded over 70 in the Ma’alot massacre.
- The 1975, Savoy Hotel hostage situation killing 8 hostages and 3 soldiers, carried out by Fatah.
- The 1978, Coastal Road massacre killing 37 Israelis and wounding 76, also carried out by Fatah.
Recognizing that its global reputation was stained, the PLO re-branded itself as the ‘Palestinian Authority’ or PA, now headed by Mahmoud Abbas.
The slogan, “From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free” is a call for a Palestinian state in the territory where Israel exists, between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, which is nothing more than the same call for the complete destruction of Israel as repeated by the Islamic government of Iran so often. Anyone who still questions this can simply refer to any number of clip art websites which disseminate graphics depicting the geographic region of Israel covered with the Palestinian flag.
So why are the Democrats tolerating such antisemitism?
AOC is a registered member of Democratic Socialists of America (DSA)
In 2017, after implementing anti-Semitic BDS campaigns in their platform, DSA chanted: "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free"
This is calling for the elimination of Israelpic.twitter.com/2krBoMgPBm
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 8, 2019
What we’re seeing happen is the infiltration of the Democratic Party by far leftists who affiliate themselves with new groups like the Boycott-Divest-Sanction (BDS) movement, the so-called ‘Progressive Democrats’ and ‘Democratic Socialists of America’ (DSA). This rapid trend is expected to lead to some radical changes. Many questions will only be answered in time.
Will American Jews, who have traditionally voted as Democrats, leave the party which is turning on them and their traditional values?
Only time will tell.
Leave a Reply